2019 COLUMBUS SAINTS
The Columbus Saints Drum & Bugle Corps is an all-age competitive performing ensemble based in Columbus, OH. Formed in 2003 as the Saints Drumline Inc, the Saints complete a season of competitions (Fri-Sun, or Fri, Sat) each summer throughout the Midwest.
The Saints compete in Drum Corps Associates – Class A and have also competed in DCI Soundsport, winning gold in 2016, and silver in 2015, 2017, and 2018. The Saints also compete in MACBDA, winning a bronze medal in 2018, and high drums in 2017 competition. REGISTRATION AND AUDITION FEE PAYMENT IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
WHY THE COLUMBUS SAINTS?
Have your sights set on World or Open Class? Become a member of the Saints and gain the skills you need to get an edge on your audition. Numerous Saints alumni have gone on to ensembles such as Rhythm X, Bluecoats, Legends, Madison Scouts, Cadets, INov8 Percussion, Guardians, Blue Stars, and more.
Don’t give up your passion, and community just because you’ve graduated and started work. Our program is perfect for a college student, or working adult who’s looking for a fun, and challenging activity for the weekends! Many Saints alumni marched and work for businesses like GM, LBrands, or attend OSU, CSCC, and more!
Do you want to be a better performer and experience drum corps at an affordable cost? The Saints is a perfect program for a musician who wants to experience the thrill of competition and touring but without the massive time and money commitment of World or Open Class. Start your drum corps journey with the Saints.
We’re extremely excited to know that you’re interested in spending your summer as a member of our Saints Family! Whether it’s your first time auditioning or you’re hoping to return to the organization for another season, we are eager to welcome you.
Our auditions take place over two camps and will test your ability to perform, adapt, and see how you “fit” within the Saints family. For audition camps and most rehearsals, lunch is NOT provided. You will need to bring your own music stand, mouthpiece/sticks & pad, accessories for color guard, and pay the $50 audition fee before or at the start of camp. Dress in athletic clothing as body movement and visual is part of our programming (NO JEANS).
Remaining open positions (as of Apr 28th):
- Hornline – 4 Baritones, 1 Trumpet, and 2 Mellos
- Battery – 1 Snare, 1 Tenor, Bass 4 & 5, 4 Cymbals
- Color Guard – All positions
Two things to remember before you continue:
- 1. If you audition for any drum corps, have a FINANCIAL PLAN!
- 2. Distance, holidays, and non-school events are NOT acceptable for absence at camps.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Got questions? Check out our FAQ to learn more: 2019 FAQ
- The 2019 Saints all-age corps competing in Drum Corps Associates Class A.
- The average age of the 2019 corps was 20 years old.
- Membership cost for 2019 is $800 payable in installments, and a small fundraising requirement
- Fees cover instruction, uniform, registration fees, and most out-of-state travel & lodging
- We offer fee reductions through working concessions at concerts & special events
- Rehearsals and performances are typically Saturday, with two events on Thursday & Friday during the summer.
- The corps takes a scheduled 7 day vacation the week after 4th of July yearly.
Your journey to becoming a Saint starts here, attend an upcoming camp:
Spring Rehearsal Schedule
- May 11 – Rehearsal (12PM-9PM)
- May 18 – 19 – Rehearsal (Sat 12-9PM | Sun 9AM-6PM)
TENTATIVE Summer Schedule
Confirmed Dates are in BOLD.
- Jun 15-16 – Standstill & Parade
- Jun 22-23 – DCA Milton, PA
- Jun 27-30 – Tour 1 (Chicago Clinic & Free Day, 1 Competition)
- Jul 4 – Multiple Parades
- Jul 5-11 – Mid Season Break (Vacation)
- Jul 11-14 – Tour (2 Competitions)
- Jul 20th – DCA Columbus, OH
- Aug 3-4 – Competition
- Aug 16-18 – DCA Goldsboro, NC
- Aug 31st – Sep 2nd DCA Championships
Register your interest below: