July 2018 Update:
Fees reduced to $500 for the season
IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR BASS 1 (must have 4 years exp)
Open positions for 2 trumpets, 6 color guard, and drum set (gospel / funk chops)!
Email email@example.com to learn more OR register below!
Founded in 2003, the Columbus Saints Drum & Bugle Corps is a 501c3 non-profit organization, dedicated to providing quality, affordable performing arts education, through the competitive marching arts activity. The program provides young adults, and adults, a structured, high intensity structured program that teaches life skills such as team work, self discipline, personal responsibility, time management, critical thinking, problem solving, and confidence through the competitive drum corps activity.
Since 2014, the Columbus Saints has toured, and competed in numerous circuit winning trophies for High Percussion, Best Color guard, and multiple Gold, and Silver medals in Drum Corps International affiliated competitions. For 2018, the Columbus Saints are competing in Drum Corps Associates Class A, and Drum Corps International affiliated competitions presenting their most challenging production to date. Whether you’re a young adult looking to get drum corps experience before auditioning for your dream corps, or a working adult or college student who wants to make new friends and continue performing, the Saints offers a home to all.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Got questions? Check out our FAQ to learn more: 2018 FAQ
- The 2018 Saints all-age corps competing in Drum Corps Associates Class A, and will also compete in Drum Corps International SoundSport, and MACBDA.
- Our 2018 tour tentatively is planned with weekend shows in WI, OH, IN, PA and more
- Average age of the 2018 corps is 19 years old.
- Fees cover instruction, uniform, registration fees, some meals, and out of state travel & lodging costs only
- We offer easy ways to reduce cost through concessions with SOYA (Supporters of Youth Activities) , fundraisers and more – we believe that cost shouldn’t be an obstacle to participation.
- Rehearsals and performances are typically Saturday, with two events on Friday during the summer. This allows for members and parents to participate with minimal impact to their work/life balance. We also take a scheduled vacation the week after 4th of July yearly.
Inside the Saints
Subscribe to see more Saints videos:
The Saints gave me the chance to meet new people & make amazing friends, gain valuable skills needed to excel in marching band, and the training to be successful in numerous WGI guards. I love my Saints family!
Without the Saints I would never have been able to gain the skill & experience to help me march WGI and more. It’s a family that challenges you while having fun, with a cost that allows anyone to participate.
…since my grandson has joined the Saints, it’s helped him focus, do better in school, and has exposed him to opportunities for travel, performance and education he never had before.
…if you miss something the first time, you just keep pushing towards making it great.
After completing my undergrad, I realized I missed marching band; the camaraderie and joy of performing. I’ve found both with the Saints, and I’m excited to be part of the family.
“I founded the Saints because I wanted the youth in the community to be able to experience the joy of performing as I did when I marched drum corps.”
2018 Season Schedule
*Tentative pending affiliate schedule release
- Jun 16-18th – DuBois, PA
- Jun 22-23rd Fri Sectionals | Sat Rehearsal
- Jun 29th – Milton, WI
- Jun 30th – Sun Prairie, WI
- Jul 4th – Sunbury 4th of July
- Jul 13th – Racine, WI
- Jul 14th – Whitewater, WI
- Jul 20th – Friday Rehearsal
- Jul 21st – DCA Columbus, OH
- Jul 28th – Rehearsal
- Aug 4th – DCI Avon Lake, OH
- Aug 11-13th – DCI World Championships
- Aug 18th – Rehearsal
- Aug 25-26th – Final Rehearsal
- Sep 1-2nd – DCA World Championships