BECOME A SAINT
The Columbus Saints offer marching music lovers like you a weekend only drum corps experience with a highly experienced staff, opportunities to excel on and off the field, and an annual world championship experience within a close-knit community-focused group.
Why Join the Columbus Saints?
- Membership tuition is the the lowest in the nation covering education, out of state travel, lodging, and some food expenses.
- Our schedule strikes the perfect balance for busy members with Saturday or Sunday rehearsals and competitions
- Our education staff brings decades of experience from various World Class, HBCU, Big 10 ensembles that helps members of all skill levels, whether you’re looking to move on to a top WGI or DCI group or simply improve as a performer.
- Nearly 20 years of competitive success winning multiple percussion awards, DCI SoundSport Gold & Silver Medals, and as a 2019 DCA Finalist.
- Honoring our HBCU legacy our drum corps shows primarily feature highly entertaining jazz, swing, funk, or soul music
- We entertain the crowd, educate our members, and engage our community!
Jan 23rd – Feb 6th – Feb 20th // Brass, Front Ensemble & Drumline Rehearsals
10AM-230PM // Complete Interest Form For Link To Event
After completing my undergrad, I realized I missed the marching band; the camaraderie and joy of performing. I’ve found both with the Saints, and I’m excited to be part of the family.
The Saints gave me the chance to meet new people & make amazing friends, gain valuable skills needed to excel in marching band, and the training to be successful in numerous WGI guards. I love my Saints family!
…since my grandson has joined the Saints, it’s helped him focus, do better in school, and has exposed him to opportunities for travel, performance and education he never had before.
You Belong Here
The Columbus Saints is accepting members in all sections for the 2021 season – brass, battery percussion, front ensemble and color guard. For 2021 we’re introducing the new positions of trombone soloists, lead trumpets (non-marching), field conductor, and drum major (show style). If you want to march a funky show, be a part of a growing, high performing organization, receive individual instruction from a dedicated staff, and spend your summer with a group of dedicated and talented members then the Saints is your corps!
The Saints’ are a primarily weekend-only all-age drum corps that competes in Drum Corps Associates, and Drum Corps International All-Age. The Saints are a DCA Finalist (2019), and have won multiple Gold, and Silver Medals in DCI SoundSport competition. Make your summer fun and become a member today!
New Look / Classic Style
For 2021 we’re premiering a new look for the corps to craft a modern style. The corps has purchased a large Dynasty B-Flat Horn line and expanded the drumline. Along with adding front ensemble positions we’re ready for our largest corps in history!
The 2021 Production will feature classic funk selections by Stevie Wonder, Chaka Khan, Earth Wind & Fire, and more! Bringing the fun and FUNK back to drum corps with strong brass, driving percussion, and an infusion of that crowd exciting style we can’t wait to bring you to your feet the summer of 2021!
2021 Early Schedule
• Jan 23 – Virtual Rehearsal
• Feb 6 – Virtual Rehearsal
• Feb 20 – Virtual Rehearsal
• Mar 6 – Virtual Rehearsal
• Mar 13 – St Pats Standstill (Socially Distanced)
• Mar 27 – Virtual Rehearsal
• Apr 10 – Virtual Rehearsal
• Apr 24 – Virtual Open House
• May 1 – Virtual Rehearsal
• May 8-9 – Rehearsal (Socially Distanced)
• May 15 – Festival Show (Socially Distanced)
• May 29-30 – Rehearsal (Socially Distanced)
• Jun 5-6 – Rehearsal (Socially Distanced)
Sample Summer Schedule
• Jun 11-13 – Summer Festival
• Jun 19 – Rehearsal / Drum Corps Show
• Jun 21 – Drum Corps Show
• Jun 27 – Sat Rehearsal
• Jun 28 – Sun Rehearsal
• Jul 3 – Independence Day Parades
• Jul 10 – Dash for Donation / Rehearsal
• Jul 11 – Rehearsal
• Jul 23-24 – Tour – 2 Shows
• Jul 31 – Rehearsal / Drum Corps Show
• Aug 7 – Rehearsal
• Aug 21 – DCA Columbus, OH
• Aug 28 – Final Rehearsal
• Sep 3-6 – DCA World Championships
*Tentative pending DCI & DCA Schedule release