2019 COLUMBUS SAINTS
The Columbus Saints Drum & Bugle Corps is an all-age competitive performing ensemble based in Columbus, OH. Formed in 2003 as the Saints Drumline Inc, the Saints complete a season of competitions (Fri-Sun, or Fri, Sat) each summer throughout the Midwest.
The Saints in Drum Corps Associates – Class A, and have also competed in DCI Soundsport, winning a gold in 2016, and silver in 2015, 2017, and 2018. The Saints also compete in MACBDA, winning a bronze medal in 2018, and high drums in 2017 competition. REGISTRATION AND AUDITION FEE PAYMENT IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.
WHY THE COLUMBUS SAINTS?
Just because you’ve graduated, or started work doesn’t mean you have to give up your passion. Our program is perfect for a college student, or working adult who’s looking for a fun, and challenging activity for the weekends! Many Saints alumni marched and worked for businesses like GM, LBrands, or attending OSU, CSCC, and more!
Do you want to be a better performer and experience drum corps at an affordable cost? The Saints is a perfect program for a musician who wants to experience the thrill of competition and touring but without the massive time and money commitment of World or Open Class. Start your drum corps journey with the Saints.
We’re extremely excited to know that you’re interested in spending your summer as a member of our Saints Family! Whether it’s your first time auditioning or you’re hoping to return to the organization for another season, we are eager to welcome you.
Our auditions take place over two days and will test your ability to perform, adapt, and see how you “fit” within the Saints family. For audition camps and most rehearsals, lunch is NOT provided. You will need to bring your own music stand, mouthpiece/sticks & pad, accessories for color guard, and pay the $50 audition fee before or at the start of camp. Dress in athletic clothing as body movement and visual is part of our programming (NO JEANS).
The corps is recruiting up to 65 members for the 2019 season including the following:
- Hornline – 20-25
- Battery – 15-19 (4-5 Sn, 2-3 Tnr, 5-6 Bs, 4-5 Cym),
- Front Ensemble – 10 (2 V, 2 M, 2 Synth, 1 Set, 2 Rack, 1 Bass)
- Color Guard – 8-12
Two things to remember before you continue:
- 1. If you audition for any drum corps, have a FINANCIAL PLAN!
- 2. Distance, holidays, and non-school events are NOT acceptable for absence at camps.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Got questions? Check out our FAQ to learn more: 2019 FAQ
- The 2019 Saints all-age corps competing in Drum Corps Associates Class A.
- The average age of the 2018 corps was 19 years old.
- Fees cover instruction, uniform, registration fees, and most out-of-state travel & lodging
- We offer fee reductions through working concessions at concerts & special events
- Rehearsals and performances are typically Saturday, with two events on Thursday & Friday during the summer.
- The corps takes a scheduled 7 day vacation the week after 4th of July yearly.
Your journey to becoming a Saint starts here, at our 2 open house audition events:
Prospective members are required to an audition camp to secure their membership in the 2019 Saints. Final callback and membership agreements will begin at the January camp.
- Sat, Dec 15th – University of Findlay, OH (Old Main Building)
- 9AM-6PM | Open House – All Sections
- Sat, Jan 5th – Columbus, OH
- 9AM-6PM | Call Back – Brass & Perc ONLY (CALLBACKS)
- Sat, Apr 6th – Columbus, OH
- 9AM-6PM | Spring Audition (REMAINING POSITIONS)
PAY YOUR AUDITION FEE VIA PAYPAL:
Audition Fee $50
Spring Rehearsal Schedule
Saturday SPRING Rehearsals are 9AM – 6PM. Full Weekend Rehearsals are listed below.
- Jan 19 – Rehearsal
- Feb 9 – Rehearsal
- Feb 23 – Rehearsal
- Mar 2 – Rehearsal
- Mar 16 – St Patrick’s Day Parade
- Mar 23 – Rehearsal
- Apr 6 – Rehearsal
- Apr 20 – Rehearsal
- Apr 28 – Rehearsal
- May 4 – 5 – Rehearsal (Sat 12-9PM | Sun 9AM-6PM)
- May 12 – Rehearsal (12PM-9PM)
- May 18 – 19 – Rehearsal (Sat 12-9PM | Sun 9AM-6PM)
TENTATIVE Summer Schedule
Confirmed Dates are in BOLD.
- Jun 15-16 – Standstill & Parade
- Jun 22 – Competition
- Jul 4 – Multiple Parades
- Jul 5-11 – Mid Season Break (Vacation)
- Jul 11-14 – Tour (2 Competitions)
- Jul 20th – DCA Columbus, OH
- Aug 3-4 – Competition
- Aug 16-18 – Competition
- Aug 31st – Sep 2nd DCA Championships
Register your interest below: