TOP 10 REASONS YOU SHOULD RECOMMEND COLUMBUS SAINTS DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS TO YOUR STUDENTS AS AN OFF-SEASON AND SUMMER ACTIVITY
- We’re serious about education – our instructional staff holds an impressive 8 degrees in music and music education. You know your students will get high-caliber teaching.
- Your students will improve – the level of focus and commitment to their personal development, and their instrument is a priority. We work to make them better people, and better performers.
- A compatible schedule – as a “weekends-only” drum corps, Saints members can still attend band camps, summer rehearsals, and other events that would not be possible as members of DCI corps.
- Costs are manageable – at about 1/10th of the cost of a season of DCI, marching with the Saints won’t create a financial burden for most students. Especially important with the rising costs of school band fees!
- We value teamwork – our program teaches the value of teamwork, and how to work with people from diverse backgrounds with the adage “a rising tide lifts all boats”. These are the same qualities you hope to see in the student leaders in your school music program.
- Diversity in Music – drum corps can give students a chance to learn more detailed techniques for playing a variety of different musical styles.
- Pride and ownership – the dedication and sense of pride developed by the close-knit membership in a drum corps like the Saints build a sense of ownership. This condition is often contagious and becomes something more and more students want to emulate.
- Get outside the bubble – school students are in some ways “compartmentalized” with the same circle of friends and influences for more than a decade. Joining the Saints opens the door to friendships, opportunities, and locations that are away from the norm and challenge them on many different levels.
- Stay close to home – while the Saints do provide exciting travel to competitions, many students aren’t ready for the “leap of faith” in moving away for a full summer tour across other states.
- Our job is to grow people – the lessons we teach at Columbus Saints are extensions of the ones YOU teach. We seek to grow our members not only as musicians and performers but as strong, confident, well-balanced young adults ready to take on all of life’s challenges.
DON’T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT. THESE LOCAL MUSIC EDUCATORS HAVE SEEN FIRST HAND JUST HOW THE SAINTS CAN MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON THEIR STUDENTS, CHILDREN AND THEIR OWN BAND PROGRAMS!
“Participating in the Columbus Saints Drum and Bugle Corps allows my students to gain experience in music performance at another level. It’s a way for student musicians to express themselves, be involved in something big, and learn new things that they bring back to their school program. Students make memories and friends that last a lifetime.”
– Megan Aubihl – Mount Vernon Jr High School Director of Music