2020 Saints Winter Guard
Founded in 2016, the Saints Winter Guard is the perfect program for young people with an interest in dance, theater, and who want to learn more in a fun, friendly, and family-like environment. We teach dance techniques, performance skills, along with color guard techniques into a unique and packaged competitive program that’s great for everyone ranging from experienced performers to beginners!
Recent placements of the Columbus Saints Winter Guard
2019, 2018, 2016 Ohio Indoor Performance Association Championships – Bronze Medalist
2019, 2018 Winter Guard International Regional Champions
Welcome to 2020 Auditions
Columbus Saint’s philosophy is to inspire participants to achieve their highest artistic and
creative abilities. Through participating in competitions, performances, and educational activities; we will also be promoting the growth of performing arts. We will work to encourage goodwill, sportsmanship, discipline, and camaraderie in our community.
Cost of auditions is $5 in advance through online registration or $10 at the door.
Fees can be paid in person or online via the Columbus Saints website portal via PayPal (preferred) at columbussaints.org or in person via check (made out to Columbus Saints Performing Arts), or cash. Each member is responsible for keeping records of their payments made throughout the season in case there is a discrepancy.
- $650 if paid by December 31st
- $850 if paid by February 1st
Members will receive a $200 discount for paying their dues off early. All dues must be paid by February 1st or the member is at risk of not performing until their dues are caught up. If the member is having problems paying their dues it is their responsibility to work out a payment plan with the Director to catch up. Your Columbus Saints WinterGuard jacket will be included in your dues.
Every member is responsible for a $200 fundraising requirement in addition to their dues. There will be multiple fundraising opportunities that will be discussed as the season progresses. If the $200 fundraising requirement is not met by February 1, 2019, the member will need to pay the remainder out of pocket. Fundraising is a great way to help pay off dues beyond your fundraising requirement.
Sponsorship Letters: We can provide sponsorship letters.
Concession Stands: Working Concessions through SOYA at sponsored events is the easiest way to pay off dues. You can have family and friends to help as well. The link for signup is on the Facebook page.
Facebook Donations: each member can set up a Facebook Donation for friends and family to donate towards their dues. If you are interested we can help you set it up.
FansRaise: A representative will be at one rehearsal to go over the FanRaise fundraiser.
There will be other fundraising opportunities that come up throughout the season. We will keep you informed.
Each member will receive a credit towards their dues for family and friends volunteering. We are currently taking information for parents and friends interested in volunteering for the season. Volunteering will include transporting props, setting up props at shows, and much more. Please contact Amy Hayes via email at AHayes@columbussaints.org if you are interested in more information.
- Must wear all black, form fitting clothes to rehearsals—this allows instructors to better see
- lines and equipment for cleaning routines. Must have tennis shoes for every rehearsal for
- conditioning and training.
- No socks will be worn during the rehearsal; barefoot or tennis shoes for safety.
- Must wear supportive undergarments.
- Shorts should be at least mid-thigh.
- Hair pulled back out of face and clean kept for all members.
- All piercings must be taken out for rehearsals and performances. No new piercings or tattoos during the season. This promotes safety and healing. If there is a conflict please see Director.
- Cell phones will be permitted only on break unless emergency.
- Always bring water jug (not just a small bottle); small snack. Please bring your own snack or food for rehearsals if needed.
- Dinner will not be provided, but there will be an extended break for an opportunity to go get food or eat food that you have brought.
- Be on time to every rehearsal or event, ready to go at start time; not just arriving at start
- time. To be early is to be on time.
- This is a family friendly environment. No cursing or obscene language during rehearsals or at any events.
- Remember we are the face of the Columbus Saints.
- Bring your best attitude as well as a willingness to learn and improve.
The season schedule is available at ColumbusSaints.org, Facebook, and on the Band app (more information after auditions). To be able to put on the best product possible while teaching all members the tools they need to be successful we require attendance at all rehearsals. Excused absences are for school performances and rehearsals with prior approval from directors. Full details will be available in Membership Contract issued upon membership offer. There will be two excused absences available to use for approved events and one unexcused absence for emergencies and illness. Any more absences, unless approved, could result in not being able to perform or dismissal. Everyone must RSVP on the Band app so we know who will be missing from rehearsals.
The season schedule is subject to change:
All call times for shows will be announced once the show packet is released.
Rehearsals will take place at St. John Lutheran Church, 6135 Rings Road, Dublin, Ohio 43016, unless otherwise specified. Some rehearsals will be split between Columbus and Cincinnati, due to our membership. You will be required to go to 3 of the 6 rehearsals in that time frame. You can go to more if you choose to.
2019-2020 Winter Guard Schedule
- Saturday, October 5th; 12pm-5pm: Auditions/ First Rehearsal
- Saturday, October 19th; 12pm-5pm: Auditions/ Rehearsal
- Saturday, November 2nd; 12pm-5pm: Rehearsal
- Saturday, November 9th: Rehearsal (Cincinnati)
- Saturday, November 16th; 12pm-5pm: Rehearsal
- Saturday, November 23rd: Rehearsal (Cincinnati)
- Saturday, December 7th; 12pm-5pm: Rehearsal
- Saturday, December 14th: Rehearsal (Cincinnati)
- First Holiday Camp: (Columbus)
- Friday, December 20th; 7pm-11pm
- Saturday, December 21st; 11am-8pm
- Saturday, January 4th: Rehearsal; 11am-6pm
- Second Holiday Camp:
- Friday, January 10th; 7pm-11pm
- Saturday, January 11th; 11am-8pm
- Saturday, January 18th: Rehearsal; 4pm-9pm
- Sunday, January 19th: OIPA Premier- Marion Harding High School
- Saturday, January 25th: Rehearsal; 11am-6pm
- Friday, January 31st: Rehearsal; 7pm-11pm
- Saturday, February 1st: OIPA Westland High School
- Friday, February 7th: Rehearsal; 7pm-11pm
- Saturday, February 8th: MEPA Fairfield High School
- Saturday, February 15th: Rehearsal; 11am-6pm
- Tentative: Friday, February 21st: Rehearsal; 7pm-11pm
- Tentative: Saturday, February 22: OIPA Firestone High School
- If no show, there will be rehearsal 11am-6pm, Friday will be cancelled
- Friday, February 28-March 1st: WGI Pittsburgh or Chicago
- Tentative: Friday, March 6-8: WGI Flint
- If no show, there will be rehearsal 11am-6pm, Friday will be cancelled
- Saturday, March 14th: Rehearsal; 11am-6pm
- Friday, March 20th; Rehearsal; 7pm-11pm
- Saturday, March 21st; OIPA Central Crossing
- Friday, March 27th: Rehearsal; 7pm-11pm
- Saturday, March 28th: OIPA Championships
If there are any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask the director. This includes dues and schedule problems. We do not want to turn anyone away because of cost or missed rehearsals. There usually is a solution to the problem.