Why should you volunteer with the Columbus Saints?
Since 2003, the Columbus Saints; formerly Saints Drumline Inc, have been providing affordable music education and performance opportunities for young people in Central Ohio. Building on the tradition of HBCU styled Drumlines and Classic Community Focused Drum & Bugle Corps we’ve been able to serve so many uniting people from across the area while providing quality education and high energy performances. As we expand and continue on our journey with new partnership and endeavours we will continue to serve our young people and our greater community. Our vision to provide an affordable and community focused alternative for the performing arts for Central Ohio.
The Saints has numerous volunteers whose dedication, time, and focus has helped our organization grow with an emphasis on sustainability while providing the best experience for our performers.
The Columbus Saints provides a variety of programs throughout the year. In partnership with local organizations including WinterGuard, Drum & Bugle Corps, and Community Outreach Programs.
The Columbus Saints Performing Arts is seeking an Administrative Assistant.
Primary responsibilities include taking notes at meetings; assisting directors in administrative tasks such as filing and submitting paperwork; managing local requests and schedules; while supporting the directors in regular corps administrative tasks and communications.
- Taking minutes at meetings and submitting to the chair.
- Support regular administrative events and tasks of each ensemble
- Process administrative paperwork including circuit registration, compliance paperwork and more
- Manage and update online administrative portals such as Corpsdata, Facebook Groups etc
- Other general administrative duties as required.
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with computer and mobile technology
- Excellent communications skills
- Committed to attend meetings
- Willing to travel to major competitions with corps
- Experience in business, education, nonprofits, or government preferred
- Willing and able to pass background check
Year-Round time commitment:
Occasional meetings, conference calls, and time for completing tasks (10-12 hours monthly)
Due to the nature of this role, occasional attendance at some weekend rehearsals, and performances may be needed until mid-August.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Administrative Assistant – Columbus Saints” . Please include an updated resume for reference.