Why should you volunteer with the Columbus Saints?
Since 2003, the Columbus Saints; formerly Saints Drumline Inc, have been providing affordable music education and performance opportunities for young people in Central Ohio. Building on the tradition of HBCU styled Drumlines and Community Focused Drum & Bugle Corps we’ve been able to serve so many uniting people from across the area while providing quality education and high energy performances. As we expand and continue on our journey with new partnership and endeavors we will continue to serve our young people and our greater community. Our vision to provide an affordable and community focused opportunities for the performing arts for Central Ohio.
The Saints has numerous volunteers whose dedication, time, and focus has helped our organization grow with an emphasis on sustainability while providing the best experience for our performers.
The Columbus Saints provides a variety of programs throughout the year. In partnership with local organizations including WinterGuard, Drum & Bugle Corps, and Community Outreach Programs.
The Columbus Saints Performing Arts is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator.
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for staffing volunteer activities that include fitting and altering uniforms, and keeping them in good condition throughout the season; planning and preparing meals for Open House and selected camps and competitions including Finals; chaperoning out-of-state competitions; constructing props; recruiting trailer drivers; and working special events. Special events include SAINTS-shows and competitions, and similar fundraisers
- Meet with the Executive Director and Education Coordinator at the beginning of each year to determine volunteer needs, and create a calendar to ensure volunteers for each activity are confirmed
- Develop and maintain a database of parent, alumni, and other volunteers that includes contact information and an inventory of volunteers’ skills
- Send details of each event to confirmed volunteers and ensure they know expected work hours, dress requirements, parking and check-in procedures, and have appropriate credentials for event entry
- Assist the Board, staff and other coordinators as requested
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with computer and mobile technology
- Excellent communications skills
- Committed to attend meetings
- Willing to travel to major competitions with corps
- Experience in business, volunteering, nonprofits, or government preferred
- Willing and able to pass background check
Year-Round time commitment:
Occasional meetings, conference calls, and time for completing tasks (12-16 hours monthly)
Due to the nature of this role, attendance at some weekend, weeknight rehearsals, and performances may be needed until mid-August.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Volunteer Coordinator – Columbus Saints” . Please include an updated resume for reference.