Percussion Coordinator – YPE
Why should you contract with the Columbus Saints?
Since 2003, the Columbus Saints; formerly Saints Drumline Inc, have been providing affordable music education and performance opportunities for all ages people in Central Ohio. Building on the tradition of Historical Black College & University Drumlines and Community Focused Drum & Bugle Corps we’ve been able to serve so many uniting people from across the area while providing quality education and high energy performances. As we expand and continue on our journey with new partnership and endeavors we will continue to serve our young people and our greater community. Our vision to provide an affordable and community-focused alternative for the performing arts for Central Ohio.
The Saints’ has numerous staff and volunteers whose dedication, time, and focus has helped our organization grow with an emphasis on sustainability while providing the best experience for our performers.
The Columbus Saints provides a variety of programs throughout the year. In partnership with local organizations including WinterGuard, Drum & Bugle Corps, and Community Outreach Programs.
The Columbus Saints Performing Arts is seeking a Percussion Coordinator for the Youth Performing Ensemble for the 2019 year (Jan 2019 – Aug 2019). This position is for a new ensemble that performs in the HBCU style (Historically Black College & University) as popularized recently by the film “Drumline”.
- Teaches and cleans percussion section
- Runs rehearsals both musically and visually in percussion section
- Oversees the coordination of staff, and percussion membership in support of directors
- Prepare and deliver periodic reports to directors
- Plans, rehearses and directs percussion for the ensemble throughout the session, till completion of the season in keeping with organizational values of inclusion, education, and personal development
- Monitoring the delivery of the percussion program to maintain or improve quality providing a memorable experience for members, staff, and the community
- Implements marching/music technique in a full ensemble and sectional setting
- Strong organizational skills
- Clean Driving Record
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willing and able to pass background check
- Individual should be a strong leader in music and the marching arts with excellent skills in conducting, marching, choreography, and performance
- Experience in a college marching band, HBCU or Show Style
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a contractor encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud. Duties are performed indoors and outdoors in Winter, Spring, and Summer.
Our organization attempts to cater to all with the requisite skill, including those with learning and limited physical disabilities such as autism or limited visibility. As such, your work may include working with a small number (1-2 members) of special needs performer(s) to integrate as best as possible into the production as capable members with the direct, and constant support of their parents.
The Saints do not maintain physical offices, and as such manages the organizational business through email, regular meetings, phone calls, text, and other forms of communication. During performances and travel, the Saints travel in a communal method often with staff, volunteers, and occasionally members traveling together, and or sharing similar large area accommodations (gym floors, classrooms; for sleep).
Year-Round time commitment:
Occasional meetings/year, which is about varied hours/month
Four rehearsals monthly; 12 hours monthly
6-8 or more days (majority half-days and a few full days)
The salary for this position is $500 based on experience, education, capable attendance at events, and is open to negotiation based on these factors
Please email email@example.com with the subject line: “Percussion Coordinator – Saints YPE” . Please include an updated resume for reference.